The North Carolina General Assembly has approved the creation of an Arts Education Commission to oversee the implementation of recommendations from the Senate Bill 66 Task Force. The recommendations call for a comprehensive arts education plan where arts are a core academic subject; arts are a catalyst for learning across the curriculum; and where exposure to arts is critical to N.C.’s 21st century education.
- Closing the Gap in STEM with Arts Integration Leaves Teachers Happy at the Cameron Art Museum (CAM) in Wilmington, NC
- Educators’ Night at the CAM: March 15, 2018,
- Closing the Gap in Literacy with Arts Integration
- Full STEAM AHEAD! May 20, 2017 at Cameron Art Museum
- Duplin County Schools Full STEAM Ahead!
The Southeast Center for
2310 Stansbury Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
What they’re saying…
“[I learned] ways to communicate criticism in a positive way. The games were a great way to energize and promote team work.… It was wonderful. The communication skills will be helpful and the tips on setting goals and guidelines were good.” —Guilford College Senior Theatre Major